9:00 - 17:30

Business hours Mon. - Fri.

Saturdays by appointment only

  • English
  • Español

Author: J. Molina Law Firm PLLC

J. Molina Law Firm PLLC > Articles posted by J. Molina Law Firm PLLC (Page 2)

All you need to know about form N-400

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] All you need to know about form N-400 Form N-400 is the way legal permanent residents start their process to become an American citizen. This is also called application for naturalization and like any other immigration benefit, you can apply for it if you meet some requirements. Through this process you stop being an immigrant or someone with a permit to stay in the country and become an American citizen.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] The basics of the N-400 form We’re going to guide you through some of the most common doubts and steps you need to take into consideration when in the process to become an American...

Continue reading

Green Card Application Guide

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] Green Card Application Guide A Permanent Resident Card or Green Card is the proof that you are authorized to work and live on a permanent basis  in the United States. That’s why today, permanent U.S. residents aged 18 or older are required to always carry their U.S. Green Card with them. There are many paths to get your permanent resident card, you can either get it after you got a job offer in the United States, applying for asylum, or after a family member legally living in the U.S has filed a family based Green Card application for you. In order to apply for a...

Continue reading

Requirements for filing form I-130

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] Requirements for filing form I-130 Knowing the requirements for filing form I-130 is extremely important. This way your petition will have a higher chance of being approved by the USCIS. The best possible way to avoid an I-130 form denial is by preparing an accurate and complete petition.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] What are the requirements for filing form I-130?  In order to help you get everything right in your petition for alien relative, we'll go through every step you need to comply with its requirements. 1- Meet the eligibility criteria You may file the I-130 form if you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) or a citizen of...

Continue reading

¿Qué es el formulario I-90?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] ¿Qué es el formulario I-90? Seguramente hace algunos años que ingresaste a Estados Unidos con muchos sueños en la bolsa y con algún esfuerzo, obtuviste tu tarjeta de residente permanente o Green Card, como se le conoce popularmente. A partir de ese momento, afortunadamente, empezaste a disfrutar de muchos de los beneficios que conlleva ser un residente legal en Estados Unidos y pudiste relajarte en muchos aspectos. Para comodidad de muchos, la vigencia de una Green Card es de 10 años, tiempo en el que puedes gozar de muchos beneficios, siempre y cuando sigas las condiciones que ésta establece. Ahora bien, ¿qué sucede una vez que se...

Continue reading

Some tips before starting your green card renewal

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] Some tips before starting your green card renewal Are you getting near the time you should renew your Green Card? If it is the first time you’re going through this process, there are some tips that might help you out. First of all, be aware that you do not need to wait until your Green Card has expired to start this process (although that may not be a problem) you can start 6 months prior to its expiration date. To do this, as with any other immigration benefit, you need to follow a process, that starts with filling out a form, in this case, Form I-90,...

Continue reading

How to become an American Citizen?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] How to become an American Citizen? Becoming a U.S. citizen is a dream for many people. Most will first apply for the green card and then become a naturalized citizen. However, you can also become a citizen through your parents, military service, or marriage. There are many life-changing benefits you can access after you naturalize. For example, you get better job opportunities, scholarships, independence from immigration fees and can forget about the risk of facing deportation. So. how to become an American Citizen? If you already have a green card, the process to become a U.S. Citizen is very clear, and with the guide below we...

Continue reading

How to Prepare for the I-130 Interview

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] How to Prepare for the I-130 Interview When you file a petition for alien relative (form I-130) for your spouse who lives abroad, some of the steps that are usually taken for the process change. In order to avoid fraud, USCIS looks very closely at marriage-based petitions and regularly conducts interviews to prove the marriage is real. This is commonly called the I-130 interview and helps officers determine if you have a bona fide marriage. Having an interview with government officers can make a lot of people nervous, and although you are not hiding anything, you should be prepared on what to expect for the...

Continue reading

How to prove a bona fide marriage?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] How to prove a bona fide marriage? If you are looking to apply for a marriage green card (US lawful permanent residence ) one of the most important steps is proving that the marriage is a bona fide marriage. A bona fide marriage implies that you and your spouse intend to build a life together and are not pursuing the process just for immigration purposes. Family based petitions are always centered on proving the relationship through the form I-130 supporting documents and in the case of marriage petitions, this must be checked through certain documents and the I-130 interview.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] Documents to prove you have a bona...

Continue reading

Form I-130 supporting documents to prove family relationship

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] Form I-130 supporting documents to prove family relationship As a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who has family members living outside the United States, you can file petitions to help them immigrate though form I-130. When doing this, perhaps one of the most important steps is to gather all the documents to prove the family relationship, so you should know which are the Form I-130 supporting documents you need.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text] Which Form I-130 supporting documents are needed to prove your family relationship There are particular documents for each case. Let’s go over some common cases and which are the documents you will need for...

Continue reading