9:00 - 17:30

Business hours Mon. - Fri.

Saturdays by appointment only

  • English
  • Español

April 2020

Returning Resident Visas for Lawful Residents

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you are a permanent or conditional resident who has spent more than a year outside the United States, you will need a new immigrant visa to be able to return. United States law requires that permanent residents cannot stay outside the United States for more than one year. If they stay outside of the United States for more than a year, they will automatically lose their legal permanent resident status. To re-enter as residents, they must obtain a special immigrant visa called SB-1. If you were unable to return to the country in the time allowed by some type...

Continue reading